You are here
Systems Integrator [ Jun 1995 - Mar 1999 ]
At the time, Applied Materials was creating and commercializing the nanomanufacturing technology which enabled the production of semiconductor chips and flat panel displays. Their service products improved yield enhancement and increased nanomanufacturing productivity. Subsequently, Applied's expertise is also being used in solar photovoltaic (PV) panels that turn abundant sunlight into clean electricity.
Reporting into the IS & T department. During my tenure at Applied I started out in Applications support, dabbled in database administration and wound up managing an IS & T lab. which I set up to mimic Applied's client-server environment for the Global roll out of Lotus Notes across the company. Before the Lotus Notes implementation, Applied had seven disparate email products in operation. Things were..chaotic!
- Designed and Managed a Microsoft client-server Applications and Standardization Test Lab to mimic the Production environment.
- Managed Sys Admins. for consolidation projects to reduce TCO.
- Managed the acquisition of all Compaq/Dell NT server hardware.
- Consultant for the integration of NT client server projects within corporate IS & T headquarters.
- Authored proposals for Clustering, Terminal Server and Hierarchical Server Management and storage.
- Set up and managed an applications support helpdesk.
- Authored Test Procedures and troubleshooting documentation for 'in-house' Software Applications.
- QA of Engineering Change Order ( ECO ), Customer Engineering Specials ( CES ) and Data Warehouse apps.
- Database administrator for ECO and CES apps and Novell 4.x Server Administrator.
- Trained technical support personnel in apps. support.